Chrome Moly Barrel Finish Option
If you are having a rifle re-barreled by us with a chrome moly barrel, you have a couple of options for the bluing process. They are listed below:
1. Polished Bluing: this is our standard option for bluing of rifle barrels that we are re-barreling for our customers. This is referred to as a “Standard Polish Blue”.
2. Matte Bluing: this is another option for bluing of your rifle barrel. The price for this option is slightly higher, due to the increased amount of labor involved.
- Cost for standard Polish Bluing of a barrel only.
- Cost for standard polish bluing when done with a re-barrel.
- Cost for standard Matte Bluing of a barrel only.
- Cost for standard Matte Bluing when done with a re-barrel.
Bluing Your Personal Firearm
We can also blue your firearm for you. Price is dependent upon the bluing finish, the shape of your firearm (if it is pitted and would require a lot of handwork to bring back to near new shape), and whether the firearm is received disassembled or if it needs to be disassembled and reassembled after bluing. The prices shown below are “starting” prices. Your firearm will be evaluated upon receipt and a finalized quote will be given to you prior to any work starting. Prices shown are for bluing only, and do not include any other services that McGowen Precision Barrels offers.
Bolt Action Rifles
Lever Action Rifles
Cerakote Firearms Coatings
We are excited to now offer Cerakote finish options on your barrel. Cerakote improves the performance and reliability over conventional finishes. This state-of-the-art coating technology outperforms any competitive coating in both lab and real world settings.
Available in a wide selection of colors, let McGowen Precision Barrels transform your new barrel into a sleek work of art. Outperforming the competition in abrasian, corrosion, and chemical resistance. Cerakote is extremely affordable and can give your gun a unique personality.